Our continuing series on what is involved in a seniors’ move.
Where do I go?
Retirement living is different
- Retirement Homes, in Ontario, are Legislated for safety standards and residents’ rights
- The cost is born entirely by the resident
- Many offer assistance with personal, medical or dementia care, at a cost
- Retirement homes vary greatly in their location, amenities, accommodations, services and of course cost.
Long Term Care (Nursing Home)
- In Ontario, the Provincial Government licences, sets the rates and oversees all Long Term Care homes
- The cost of your medical care in the home is paid for by the government
- Residents pay the accommodation and meal costs
- The cost is the same (ward, semi-private and private) throughout the province.
Retirement communities can offer independent living (condominium\rental apartments) as well as retirement living, assisted living and long term care.
Whether or not you need Retirement or Long Term Care you will need to examine your current and future needs and resources to choose what is best for you. A Geriatric Care Manager will guide you through the process to make the right choice.
Contact 416·444·7598 or E-mail us directly here.